Best Research Ever
I’ve been collecting weird and wonderful articles and patents. Inspired by the Best.Titles.Ever pool on Flickr (government documents), I’m putting up my list. If you know of a great biomedical article, book, or patent title that belongs here, send it my way.
- Adamatsky I, Akl S, Alonso-Sanz R et al. Are motorways rational from slime mould’s point of view? http://arxiv.org/abs/1203.2851
- Case TI, Repacholi BM, Stevenson RJ. My baby doesn’t smell as bad as yours: The plasticity of disgust. Evolution and Human Behavior 2006; 27(5): 357-65. [DOI link – must be at a subscribing institution]
- Caveney S, McLean H, Surry D. Faecal firing in a skipper caterpillar is pressure-driven. J Exp Biol. 1998 an., 1998;201(1):121,133 ER.
- Device for perfusing an animal head (patent). Inventor: Chet Fleming. Assignee: The Dis Corporation. Filed: Dec 17, 1985. US Patent No 4,666,425. Link to full text at USPTO
- Elwood RW, Neil SJ. Assessments and decisions : A study of information gathering by hermit crabs. 1st ed. London ; New York: Chapman & Hall; 1992. [Yes we have this at UCSD.]
- Holy TE, Guo Z. Ultrasonic songs of male mice. PLoS Biol. 2005 Dec;3(12):e386. [View in PubMed]
- Zonkger, Doug. Chicken chicken chicken: chicken chicken. Annals of Improbable Research. 2006 Sep; 12(5)16-21. Link to full text (this article is free from publisher)
- Dawson P, Han I, Cox M, Black C, Simmons L. Residence time and food contact time effects on transfer of salmonella typhimurium from tile, wood and carpet: Testing the five-second rule. J Appl Microbiol. 2007;102:945-953. [View in PubMed]
Links to other goodies: